Full Perm Texturing Instructions Pages, Videos, Anything with Instructions or Lessons

SuperSuz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm new to texturing as everyone is at one point.  Where is the usual way that folks start with this? They buy a full perm item with a bunch of texturing "layers" that have different .endings to the file and then try to figure out what to do with them.  

The makers of these items don't want to be teachers and have the expectation that buyers will know or figure out what to do with those texture map items.  

So I do what everyone else would do.  I buy the item and then start trying to self-learn on youtube and the internet.  But I swear to you, if you search "full perm instructions"  "texture mapping intstructions" and so on, VERY little comes up.  So then you are stuck with looking at the full instructions for creating a texture map and hope that some of the instructions include texturing the texture map.  

I'm so confused!

Please add your full perm instruction manuals, videos and help pages  here.  Whatever you have, help us out.  It might even lead someone to buy your product!  

If you know of any good instructions out there that may not be support for a Second Life full perm item but will be a good place to learn, then please add that.  It can be any item. It's the texturing tips and actual sequence of events that has to happen to finish and color a full perm item. 

I do not suggest that folks ask a particular question about full perm texturing here.  Ask that question in other thread and make the subject as concise as possible for the experienced helpers to get what you are asking for and then help you.  Again, JUST POST LINKS TO INSTRUCTIONS AND GOOD LESSONS.  If you include a notecard with instructions, then you can copy and paste it here if it's not already on the net somewhere.  

Builders and advanced users, please look through your bookmarks /favorites now and copy and paste the ones that helped you figure out what to do, whatever the photo editing tool was.  

Thanks

Super Suz 

It's not clothing and I suppose that does not matter. So thanks for the suggestion.  

I am looking for good instructions as suggested by people who know what they are doing or sell stuff with instructions.  So any suggestions with specific links would be helpful.  

In particular, my item is has various textures included in it for the various parts of the surface of a mesh object.  Not the entire surface is on one texture.  

Thanks

SS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.