Creating a shape to sell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for information on how to create a shape that I can sell. I'm pretty decent at making shapes with the standard SL figures, but how do I go about making one that I would be able to sell? Is it simply a matter of modifying a shape to make it original, then copy and sell it or do I need to use a program like avastar to export it and bring it back into SL to make it available to sell?

GTASkinCentral wrote:

But honestly, I would never buy a shape, why waste my money when I can play for a few minutes myself and get the same effect.

Depends on how exacting you are about the details you want after you learn what all the sliders do.

A person could however use the time spent searching for a shape to learn how to do it themself.

Yeah, creating is more fun ( and cheaper) than buying. Like any skill in SL, though, it takes practice and patience. There are 72 sliders, after all, so getting the shape you want takes more than a few minutes.  A good friend created my basic shape about 6 years ago and I have been tweaking it from time to time since then. I've almost got it right.  :smileyvery-happy:

Rolig Loon wrote:

Yeah, creating is more fun ( and cheaper) than buying. Like any skill in SL, though, it takes practice and patience. There are 72 sliders, after all, so getting the shape you want takes more than a few minutes.  A good friend created my basic shape about 6 years ago and I have been tweaking it from time to time since then. I've almost got it right.  :smileyvery-happy:

One of my girl friends really wanted her Ava as close as she could get it to her RL.  She spent a couple hours on it over time.  What she said to me at the time is that "these damned sliders aren't as easy as just plugging in I want 5'2, 36-24-36."

Thanks for the help. I was finally able to make what I wanted. It takes a little bit of time to get a handle on the different sliders, though they are fairly self explanitory. One thing I thought was neat was making the height. I originally set the height at the maximum, but noticed it wasn't as toll as some of the other shapes I've seen walking around SL. I went back, increased torso length, leg length and even neck length--got it quite a bit taller than before. Its something interesting to play around with. I've been in SL over 4 years now, so nice to still find thing I didn't know you could do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.