Couples chair no longer allowing 2 people to sit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I own a GGH Bean Bag Chair for Couples, and up until recently it worked fine with letting two different people right-click and sit together on it in various couple poses. However, I tried it today, and when the second person tried to sit down as usual, it gave the 'No room to sit here, try another spot' error. There is no Restart option in the menu, so I'm a bit lost as to how I can otherwise 'reset' the chair to allow 2 people to sit together again. I've sent a notecard to the creator, but any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Howdy, Chovexani

You might try resetting the scripts in the chair by going into edit mode on the chair (right click and Edit), then go up to "World" (I think it is) and click "Reset Scripts In Selection."  I'm not inworld right now to check the location of that option right at the moment, but, that might solve your problem.  I think you have to Modify rights for this to be able to work though.  Otherwise, the creator is gonna have to help you. :)

Depending on the permissions, you may be able to reset the scripts without it being an option on the menu.  Right click the chair to select it, then go to the top of your screen and select BUILD>SCRIPTS>RESET SCRIPTS.  If you are using an older viewer you will find the reset scritps option under the Tools menu.

I have noticed the same behaviour in my sofa starting last week and think it may have something to do with a new server code.  I evenutally can sit if i click different parts of the sofa.  It could be that I need to add another sit target script to another prim on the sofa, but I haven't tried that yet to see if it fixes it. If  your bean bag chair is one prim this isn't going to work though to fix it.

Other than the above you will have to wait on the creator to see if they can fix it or LL to fix if the creator can't since it may be a new bug.

This is a problem with all animation systems that don't use poseballs (e.g nPose, PerfectSitter or AvPose).  It's inherent in LSL and becomes apparent when the object is on a sim where there's a sim surround or is in the vicinity of a sculpted object made out of a very large prim.   Basically, the avatar who is trying to sit is inside another object's bounding box and the sim isn't sure where you want to sit -- on the beanbag or the sim surround.

Fortunately, at least if the object on which you want to sit is modifiable and comprises at least as many prims as there are avatars who need to be seated, there is a simple fix.

Just drop this into your beanbag:

default{    state_entry()    {        llLinkSitTarget(LINK_SET,<0.0,0.0,0.01>,ZERO_ROTATION);        llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());    }}

It will make all the prims in the beanbag sittable, and then remove itself.   It doesn't matter what the sit target is -- the scripts in the beanbag will handle that.  This will just make it possible for the second avatar to sit.

NB -- if you drag copy the beanbag, you will need to reapply this fix to the new one.

ETA -- I see from what you say that the item appears to be no mod.   That is a nuisance, and I don't really see why it would be necessary to send out no-mod chairs like that, but anyway.   In that  case, you will have to draw the creator's attention to this thread and suggest he or she simply put the first line of my script, llLinkSitTarget(LINK_SET,<0.0,0.0,0.01>,ZERO_ROTATION);, inside state entry of one of the scripts in the object.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.