Can this be built for ten prims or less?

isilmien

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm on a strict prim budget for my skybox and a scour of MP turned up nothing that I liked (I guess I'm looking for La Galleria quality, low prim, and a peculiar style lol).

Inspired by a video I saw on a one-prim chair, I downloaded Blender, but either the learning curve is steeper than the limited time I have or I just have no talent. I want to build this bed, same color scheme/texturing and all, but I want to do it for ten prims or less. The closer to one prim, the better. Am I chasing delusion or is this even possible?

I hoped to take the bed to a designer, but all the designers whose stuff I like don't do custom work, I guess. Though I'm not sure whether this would be custom, since I don't care if they sell it to other people and make a profit. I just want one for me.

Rolig would know, since she did an amazing job of scriping my mesh beds :-)  I know you sent me a notecard but I have not read it yet and happened to see this thread.

I do have solid fabric beds with non-ruffled skirts, just have not released them yet. However, the beds are a little higher prim than you want because they have covers that you can sleep under and also those that will pull down, and when you sleep you have pillows lying flat -- which means you actually have three different cover versions and two different pillow sets (the ones not in use become invisible). YOu could unlink the covers that you sleep under and the flat pillows, and even the pulled-down covers, which would put you at about 11 prims total, maybe 10 if you unlink the shadow prim under the bed. 

But really rather than mess with the bed I think look for a plain bed without all the the bells and whistles, which should be easy enough to make for less than 10.

solstyse wrote:

If you don't mind buying instead of building, takea  look at PrimPossible.

i second PrimPossible the bed in https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PrimPossible-1-Prim-Bedroom-300-Animations-Mocap-Entire-Bed-RoomOne-Sculpted-Prim-MoCap-Motion-Capture/2741293 looks very similar to what your looking for and is only one prim

I think what Prim Possible does is really ingenious -- and certainly there is a market for ultra low prim furniture. But there nevertheless remains a difference between what you can do with ten prims and one prim, and if 10 is the OP's limit, he can get something much nearer to La Galleria style and texturing than a one prim bed. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.