Building simple boxes for inventory storage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm hoping this is in the right forum!  I'm trying to build boxes so I can group items together in my inventory and store them. What are the steps other than rezz the boxes and groups the items do I need to do in order to store them?  Would I have to have a script or something to do that?  The reason is my inventory is OOC (Out of Control) and I don't want it to get any worse!

Thanks!

Nothing! Just name the box so you'll know what's in it and drag what you want to put in it into the contents of the prim. Be advised, tho - when you want to unpack that box, you'll have to unpack everything in it back to your inventory to get the item you need. 

Senobia Xenga wrote:

[ ... ] Be advised, tho - when you want to unpack that box, you'll have to unpack everything in it back to your inventory to get the item you need. 

That's shouldn't be necessary. Just open the box's Contents to see what's in it and then drag items one at a time or as a selected group to your Inventory or to the ground.

• Like 1

I do reccomend keeeping the number of items per box manageable for you.  You need to decide what that number is for you.

I have a folder labeled "Z-STROAGE BOXES-DO NOT DELETE" I place all my storage boxes in.  I do that so its at the bottom of my inventory folder kind of out of sight out of mind and to remind myself not to have a dumb arse attack.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Arielle - I have been using boxes to store items in Inventory also.  After you create the box, open up the tab labeled 'Contents,' then drag and drop the items you want in that box under 'Contents.'  I know boxes can hold a lot of items - not sure how many, but when it is getting full, it takes a couple of seconds for the box to process/ put the item in (at least it does for me.)

Question for all: does anyone know of a good Inventory sorter that actually works? I have seen a couple offered in the MP, but not sure if they work well.

Thank you!

Red52

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.