Builders: Is alignment in SL out of whack?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just in the last week or so I have noticed that prims -- regular or mesh -- behave as if their rotation numbers were not aligned, when they are.  Things that should abut neatly are off a tiny bit -- and as we know, being off a tiny bit often is glaringly obvious.

Just wondered if I am losing my mind or what.

Oh and also I am finding that texture rotation numbers seem to change a tiny bit on their own, and I even suspect prim drift (eeek).

Thank you!  That was a bit too technical for me, but from what you say, the viewers just need to be updated to reflect a fix?  This is really inconvenient!  

What I am noticing, however, is that when I fix the rotation numbers so that everything should be aligned, they are not -- I suppose that is another manifestation of this bug.

Really? I have been building continuously since 2007 and while I have seen things like prim drift, I have not seen two items with all 0,0,0 rotations not align properly. In the past if they did not align I could fix the numbers and they would align.

• 1 month later...

Rolig Loon wrote:

ConnieG Sorbet wrote:  [ .... ]  One side of  the furniture is on the floor and the other side is up in the air.... and rotating doesn't do anything...

It sounds as if you need to rotate around something more than just Z.  :smileywink:

Yep. Open the Edit window and look at the X/Y/Z rotations. X and Y are usually some multiple of 90 degrees. If they aren't, make them so. Your first attempts might flip the thing on its side or upside down. Keep noodling until it's right, or you're ready to delete it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.