You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Recognized Resident
Steveen Snowbear

cant buy land?

i need help can anyone tell me why i keep geting this error, "there has been an error while fetching land buying information. cant authenticate you. please visit our support page, and it gives me the link to sl support.

Hippie Bowman
Topics: 57
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 23

Re: cant buy land?

Reply to Steveen Snowbear - view message

Steveen Snowbear wrote:

i need help can anyone tell me why i keep geting this error, "there has been an error while fetching land buying information. cant authenticate you. please visit our support page, and it gives me the link to sl support.

Hi Steveen!

First of all, do you have a premium account?  You must to buy land.

Space Craft Builder, Teacher, and Slum Lord. Owner of Lagrange Space Port. Located at LaGrange Point. "http//slurl.com/secondlife/Lagrange%20Point/150/18" Residential parcels for sale! Check out my Blog =http://hippiebowman.blogspot.com/
Recognized Resident
Steveen Snowbear

no i do not, and no im not trying to buy land on the mainland

I think before being able to buy land at all LL needs your payment info on file.

Better hook up your creditcard or Paypal info if you want to buy land.

Account cancellation pending : 2011-05-12.
Hippie Bowman
Topics: 57
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 23

Steveen Snowbear wrote:

Hi Steveen

If you are not trying to buy land on the mainland then you are trying to buy on a private estate.  You only really rent on private estates.  And you don't need a premium account for that.  Hope that helps!

Peace

Space Craft Builder, Teacher, and Slum Lord. Owner of Lagrange Space Port. Located at LaGrange Point. "http//slurl.com/secondlife/Lagrange%20Point/150/18" Residential parcels for sale! Check out my Blog =http://hippiebowman.blogspot.com/
Yoki Enoch
Topics: 1
Solutions: 1

Steveen Snowbear wrote:

If it is estate land you are trying to "buy," then check to see, under Edit > Preferences, if you have access to all classifications of land, e.g., General (PG), Moderate (Mature), and Adult. Apparently, with Viewer 2, if that is what you are using, having access to all classifications of land is important, before you can "buy" estate land.

Kanini Waydelich

I am getting the exact same message!   I have a premium account, sufficient tier and sufficient funds.   I was trying to buy mainland.  I also cannot buy L$ in-world either, but can do so on web site.  I  spoke with live chat and filed a ticket.  Live chat said to reboot my router and computer--I did that.  No change.  I have also tried different computers).  I think it's THEM, not me, but i don't know for sure.  Frustrating, though!

Honored Resident
Shadow Pidgeon

Then you are renting land and that has nothing to do with LL. It's an agreement between you and the land owner and each one may handle it differently.

Go to About Land while on the parcel and read the covenant for instructions.

Truth speaks for itself...Bulls**t keeps talking.
Recognized Resident
Glider Catnap

Exact same situation for me, Kanini, and it is very frustrating.

Kanini Waydelich

I got a reply--They keep telling me to reboot (first via live chat, now via the ticket response).  DUH.  How many times??  I already did at least 5.  they also recommended I fgo to a different region.  i did, i clicked on "Buy this land" for land i didn't want, and I get the same error message about " error fetching data.  Can't authenticate you."  However, I noticed that my preferences magically changed after the rolling re-starts last night to GENERAL only.  So I changed that this afternoon and now the "Buy this land" isn't grayed out.  But when I click BUY-- I keep getting the same--we can't verify/authenticate you.  I also have land for sale and wonder how many others are out there trying to buy and can't...