You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Honored Resident
Tammy Bowler

Missing Items in inventory

I have no idea what to do now. I have checked Lost and found and it doesn't show up when I put the name of the item at the very top. I landlord I had said he sent them back to me but I just can't find them. I am not using v.2 because he said it might look like a yarn or something if it was all sent at once. Please someone help me this is really bothering me. Thank you.

Rolig Loon

Re: Missing Items in inventory

Reply to Tammy Bowler - view message

If he sent it back to you, it ought to be in inventory somewhere.  It might not be in an obvious place, though. Typing the name of the item in the box at the top of your inventory should show you where it is, unless your landlord (or you) renamed the item or you have typed the name in wrong. Capitalization doesn't count, but spaces and punctuation do, so double check. My guess is that if it's in inventory, it's buried in a folder somewhere. If it's really not in inventory, then maybe he sent it to the wrong person?  Or didn't send it?

Or... wait a sec.... maybe it's a coalesced object.   Do you see anything in inventory that has an icon next to it that looks sort of like a stack of bricks? If so, that's a coalesced object ... a collection of unlinked objects all in a single package.  If he returned several unlinked objects, that's how they will appear.

BTW ..... a yarn?

Not as dumb as I look
Honored Resident
Tammy Bowler

It was a TNT bed that I am really worried about. I type in TNT and nothing comes of. This is what he replied to me when I asked about my stuff ..

it was all sent back yes, the land was in arrears over 3 days, SL usually coalesces objects into groups when objects are returned at one time, it will look like a rubics cube ball in your inventory it could be named under any of the objects that were coalesced it should look like a bundled up yarn ball in nyour inventory

I took his name out but that is what he said after I asked if he sent it back.

Rolig Loon

Aha... it's as I guessed then.  So look for a coalesced object.  It probably will not have a name that you recognize, but if you set your inventory to "Sort by Date" it should be very near the top of your Lost & Found folder. Just look for the icon that looks like a stack of bricks.

Not as dumb as I look
Lola Longully

Sometimes things come back after a few  days ... sometimes not at all ... sometimes things will disappear from  your invent for absolutely no reason ... it's SL, after all.

I  have a friend who lost a TNT bed when she moved ... it eventually  reappeared. If I get a chance I'll ask her if she did anything special  to recover it.

If yours was a recent purchase and you can produce the  proof from your transaction record, sometimes the store will replace it  for you if you explain the loss

"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all" -- Thumper
Honored Resident
Tammy Bowler

I got it. Thank god was about to have a heart attack. Thank you soooooo much. Happy Halloween.         

Lola Longully

Either that or you would have had to give up sex!

"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all" -- Thumper