You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Recognized Resident
Velocity Baxton

Is Sl down?

Is it just me or has anyone else experiencing the same problem, I cannot get back into sl due to some major problem and im not exactly sure what it is but I thought it was just on my end but its kicked me off at least 4 times after reinstalling it but when I logged in it showed me as a cloud  so I waited to Rez in, and then it started saying that it couldn't load anything and crashed me, Is there a problem with SL right now? or is it all on my comp?

Faubio Alter

Re: Is Sl down?

Reply to Velocity Baxton - view message

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

What part? Something is always down. :-)

By-the-way, it's pronounced Faa-b-o or Fau-b-o, if you were wondering. I really should have chosen another name. Your curious about something, you type something into the box and then you stay .... forever: Amazing! (Faubio, head palms) :smileyhappy:
Recognized Resident
Velocity Baxton

Well its like when I log into sl, im a cloud like im rezzing in but when I go to my freinds list to try to talk to them I dont see my name which is Velocity Baxton at the end of it i just see : then my typing ( i.g ": Hey there ") is what it will look like them it will say it cant load any guestures and stuff then ill crash and it happens repeatedly and im not sure if its just SL or if its me on my comp

Faubio Alter

Hmmm sounds like you've been 'ghosted". This is not good. You need to go to the last SIM you were on and ask the SIM owner to restart the SIM for you.

or submit a support ticket here:

http://secondlife.com/support/

By-the-way, it's pronounced Faa-b-o or Fau-b-o, if you were wondering. I really should have chosen another name. Your curious about something, you type something into the box and then you stay .... forever: Amazing! (Faubio, head palms) :smileyhappy:
Mariska Lysette
Solutions: 1

What you're describing isn't ghosting. If you've been ghosted you get an error message telling you you can't be logged in and to try again in X minutes. After a crash it sometimes it takes a while to log you out properly so you can log back in & sometimes a sim restart is needed (resetting wireless router can help too) but if you've got a problem with ghosting you don't get as far as seeing an av that's trying to rez as the system still sees you as already logged on and isn't able to let you in world a second time with the same avatar.

I wonder if it's possible that you are suffering similar connections problems lots of other people (all over the world) have been experiencing? Have a look through this thread if you've not seen it already:

http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/306038#306038

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without asking a clear question.

Albert Camus (1913 - 1960)

Recognized Helper
Marigold Devin

While I would doubt that the OP is experiencing a ghosting issue, I would not rule it out. In my experience, there are many occasions when people can still log in when they have a ghost presence somewhere in SL, and never even know about their doppelganger.  There are also many occasions when people can still log in and have certain symptoms such as crashing every few minutes, failed teleports and missing inventory items.  I would be inclined, if I was the OP, to create an alt and see if logins are fine on that account, and also to see if they look to be online status when they are not officially logged in.

Learning something new every day.