You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
New Resident
Kether Farshore

Feet sunk in ground?

Lately, I've been having this problem where my feet is sunk into the ground. I thought it was the shoes or clothing that I was wearing, but I've tried several different combinations of clothing and the problem persists. I just upgraded to the new SL Viewer 2.0.

I never had this problem with the older SL version or with the same clothing before.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

thanks

Honored Resident
Valentine Moana

Re: Feet sunk in ground?

Reply to Kether Farshore - view message

Hi, have had the same issue, since last server upgrade.

am using Emerald, and use the

properties, avatar tab, adjust Z modifier to get feet on the ground.

Fixes the issue where ever I am, or doing

Honored Resident
Gizmo Lamplight

I had the same problem when i switched over to Kirstens S20 viewer (v2 based viewer)

I got help from the viewer user group and they all said the same thing, edit your appearance a couple of times and/or if you have another shape (i created a new one) switch to it and then switch back over.

Viewer 2 has a slightly different inventory system over Viewer 1 and this is what caused the sinking feet issue.

Hope this helps

Milla Janick
Topics: 0
Solutions: 1

Rebaking textures (Ctrl-Alt-R) or changing any item of non-prim clothing will also fix this.  Rebaking may take longer.

Jilla Lamar

What works for me these days is going into appearance for a few minutes... It works everytime pulling my feet up out of the quicksand.  Give it a shot... Good luck!

Take a hammer to the prison walls. Escape. Walk out like someone suddenly born into color. ~Rumi

◇ ◆When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.◆ ◇
Honored Resident
Cyndie Alter

Thank you Valentine!!!!!!   This is a constant problem for me and this fix works like a charm!