You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Resident
Samosi Hilite

Avatar Showing Naked to everyone else.

MY avatar is showing up naked to everyone else but me. ive tried relogging and clearing my cache. they have also done the same and nothin is fixing it. it is really impeding me from being able to tp anywhere for the sake of not wanting to be seen as being obscene.

Rolig Loon

Re: Avatar Showing Naked to everyone else.

Reply to Samosi Hilite - view message

A semi-flippant answer is to try wearing a barrel. You ought to be able to rez and wear prim attachments to cover your nakedness, even if you can't get system clothes to load properly on your av.

A more serious suggestion is to clear your cache manually from outside SL and then log in directly to region Pooley or region Aqua. Open your inventory and let it reload. You ought to be able to wear clothing items from your rebuilt inventory then, and they ought to look right to other people.

Not as dumb as I look
Honored Resident
Belladonna Eberhardt

If that doesn't work try the suggetions in this post by Ella

http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/74920#74920

Good luck!

Not Quite Naked
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah I have alts...why do you care?
George Orellana

What viewer and which version are you using? This used to happen to me a lot right after the server updates, but seems to have been fixed since the last viewer updates of emerald and the SL viewer as well. But yeah it can be an annoying glitch. I play a kid avi on this account and with all the AR and ban happy people out there you can imagine what a pain in the butt this can be. So try installing the latest versions of your viewer, that might work.

"Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it" Husse (Mats Geier)
Pete Olihenge

I so want to say "a completely flippant answer is to post this as an event and charge people to come and watch", but I'm far too sober to do that.

Honored Resident
Dana Dielli

This happened to me a few months ago, after I had taken some "advice" to change my Bandwidth Setting to 1000 kbps.

I turned the setting back down to 500, and my modesty was saved.

I was on Emerald.  Edit/Preferences/Network/Bandwidth

Good luck!