someone please help! I messed up my whole body

bislayer354

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My body was sexy and beautiful but then i was just white blob and i tried everything to get it off and it wouldnt. this guy told me i have to wear this new body so i did. it had a locked symbol when i wore but anyway i could now see myself. i put on my sexy body i saved. but this he gave me was locked and i couldnt take it off! also it said i still had other stuff on but i couldnt take detatch it. so i tried taking it off but i think i accidentally clicked "make new body" from my sexy body and now my skin color i ugly and i have big eyebrows.. etc. help! i need my old body back

1 answer to this question

See my answer to your hair problem, Bislayer.  Your shape is another of the "essential" items.  You can't take it off, you can only replace it with a different shape.

Don't use the Appearance menu to change your clothes or body parts.  It's mostly only good for editing your shape.  Instead, use your inventory to find things you want to wear.  Then right click them in your inventory and select Wear.  (This will cause the item to replace any similar item you are wearing, or replace an attachment if it uses the same attach point.  You can override this behavior by using Add instead of Wear.)

(The "locked" symbol only appears in the Appearance window.  It does not mean the item is "locked" on to your avatar.  It means that the item is No Modify, and can't be edited.  For example, you can't change the pant length on "locked" pants, but you CAN take them off and wear a different pair of pants.)

If you have trouble taking off things or replacing them with other things, you may have an internet connection problem.  Try logging off and then log back in to a low lag region like Heckendorf, Smith, or Pooley.  If that doesn't help, log off again, and turn off your internet modem/router.  Wait a minute, then turn it on and let it reboot.  Log back in.

If you've messed up your shape with the Appearance sliders, and you did not save a backup copy of the shape, don't despair.  There are tons of free shapes out there.  I suggest that you start by getting the free Standard Mesh shapes.  You can find them in many places, but here's one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/100141

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.