problems wit attachements: shoes, jewelry, nails

AzTeCPriiNcEss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yesterday I added my shoes, heart necklace jewelry, and right hand nail when added where attached to my head. I tried to move them down and fix them, but when i did they stayed at the last position i put them. So now they are floating in the air and not attached to my feet, neck, hand. even when I attached them to the certain part of the body. The shoes, jewelry, nails will not move wit my avatar as they did before. i dont know if anyone has had this kind of problem or even knows what i am trying to explain.. If anyone can help me please msg me @ AztecPriincess Resident or reply to this.. thank you 

4 answers to this question

Somehow you accidentally specified Attach to Head when wearing those items. You need to detach each and then one at a time specify the correct attachment point. Sometimes it is not the obvious attachment point. Look at the attachment points of similar products in your inventory to make sure you use the correct ones for the mis-worn items.

To see the correct attachment points of similar products, wear them and then look in the Current Outfit folder to see where they are attached. Note this down. Then do a manual "attach to" of the items you need to correct. Afterwards do the fine adjustment move of those items if they didn't have a script snap them perfectly into position. Then remove them and reattach them to see that the new positioning took.

If the item came with a menu, sometimes it has a reset options that can correct this for you.

Good Luck

• Like 3

In addition to KarenMichelle's advice, I recommend editing only copies of attachments when possible. This allows you to recover after messing things up like I generally do.

I'm not sure what caused, or continues to cause, attachments to end up on your head when you are trying to put them elsewhere. If that was the result of an accident, don't feel bad, I've done it.

And I'm getting the impression that you think moving attachments with the edit tool to the place they should be is the right way to handle this. It's not. Every attachment remembers the point on the avatar it was last attached to, as well as the offset and rotation from that point. If you accidentally attached fingernails to your head, and then edited them to position them back on your hand, the moment you close the edit window, the fingernails will follow any motion of your head (which is where they are still attached) and wander away from your hand.

If I've understood you correctly, and this is what's happening, you will have to remove all misplaced attachments, carefully re-attach them to the correct point on your avatar and then edit them into position. Hopefully those attachments have the controls KarenMichelle mentions and can be reset to their default positions, saving you the tedium of putting them back where they belong.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Follow KarenMichelle's advice.  I'll give much the same advice, but as a step by step list.

• Stand on a pose stand to hold yourself still
  • Detach the items
  • Determine the correct attach point, by wearing a different item and noting where it's attached.  Your inventory will say this.  When worn, your nails might say "Ncore nails (attached to right hand)."
  • Attach the problem attachment to that place, by right clicking it in inventory and selecting Attach to: Right Hand
  • The attachment will NOT be in the correct position, due to your previous editing.  Right click it, select Edit
  • Use the positioning arrows to move the attachment into correct position.  Look at it from all sides.  Use SMALL movements!
  • When it's in position, right click it and Detach it.
  • Now simply right click and Wear the item.  It should go right back to the correct attachment point and position.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.