avitar shows me as busy away and muted I have uninstalled and done a clean install but to no abail

Cassie42

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

In the bubble above my head that contains my name it shows me as being away, muted and busy, I have done a clean install  but it still shows.  I am on SL viewer, I have my status as not showing me as being away or do not disturb.  Can anyone help me resolve this issue please

thank you

4 answers to this question

Sorry if it sounds obvious, but did you go to Me -> preferences -> General  set away timeout to never ?

As a sidenote, does this happen if you switch to Firestorm? Maybe you can give it a try. In Firestorm it will be: Communicate > Online Status > Away or Unavailable. Uncheck that, log out Firestorm and log back to the SL viewer. It's just a guess to say the truth. I don't know if your status will be saved from one viewer to another... 

Maybe someone is playing a joke on you. See if you have an attachment that is putting that message above your head. Right click on yourself and select edit outfit and then click on Attachments to see a list. Hopefully you can tell from the names of things what should be there and what shouldn't.

If you are SURE you have canceled the Away and Unavailable modes, you might want to try reinstalling your viewer.  Here is the procedure for doing a "clean install." http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

If that does not help, file a Support Case using the Help/Support link at the top of this page.  Or if you are a Premium member, try using Live Chat.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.