Why do my nipple piercings show up above and to the side of my avi's nipple?

keyliikkin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought a set of barbell piercings for my avi's nipples, and when attached they show up above and to the side of her nipples. Her breasts are somewhat above-average in size, and the skin I use does create some cleavage (maybe that's it?). Thank you for any suggestions you might have. :)

Thank you to all the kind people who offered me advice! I really appreciate it.

3 answers to this question

Your cleavage layer may or may not affect the piercings, but only a little. It's easy to fix, as long as they're not rigged mesh (which would be weird, anyway). Simply right click on them, either in your inventory or on your avatar, and choose "Edit." If they're worn separately, it'll be easier, but it can be done either way. They'll be on "move" automatically, so simply move it around until it fits properly. 

• Like 3

Additionally, do not use the Breast Physics options when wearing nipple piercings. Neither the Firestorm nor  SL wearable physics solution moves the piercing attach point in synchronization with the rise and sway of the breast.

When your nipple rings, barbells, etc are linked together you can use the Edit Linked option to adjust each into the perfect position for each. But always center them 1st on your torso before doing this.

• Like 3

keyliikkin wrote:

I bought a set of barbell piercings for my avi's nipples, and when attached they show up above and to the side of her nipples. Her breasts are somewhat above-average in size, and the skin I use does create some cleavage (maybe that's it?). Thank you for any suggestions you might have.
:)

If you're brand new you may not yet realize that an attachment like that doesn't automatically know where your nipples ARE - it will be attached to a generic "attachment point" and then needs to be edited using the "Edit..." command to move it to its actual location. Apologies if you already knew that...

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.