Why can't I save my outfit?

Pyro Paragorn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a couple outfits I change between frequently and it's a real hassle that I have to put them all together manually and remember the names of everything.

But when I try to save my outfits they all end up saying "There are no items in this outfit" when I go to wear them!

What should I do?

((Nothing happens. Like I said I click the saved outfits and they say there's nothing in them.))

((But here's the weird thing... It works fine on my alt account!))

9 answers to this question

Hi Pyro,

When you right-click your avatar and select "Edit Shape" and then "Save" or "Save As", you should create or update an outfit folder that contains links to whatever you're currently wearing. When you do that, what happens, or doesn't happen? You end up with an empty folder with the name you selected?

Come back to your question and edit it (via "Options" over there on the right) with additional information.

ETA: Get yourself dressed by picking things out of inventory and wearing them, then right-click your avatar and select "Edit My Outfit" then select "Save" and specify a name for the outfit. Then examine that outfit folder in inventory. Is it empty? If not then everything is fine, though I can't explain why other outfits you've created are empty.

If you end up with a new outfit folder that's empty, I can't explain why that is, other than perhaps a corrupted viewer file. You might try a clean install. Here are instructions for doing that...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Well, I had the same problem today. So I checked this out a little.

I found out that in the inventory, in the "recent" tab where the current outfit is displayed there was an item that instead of "worn" it said "invalide file.. or destroyed item or something like that..i can't recall. And I couldn't locate which one was.

So I took everything off and wear them again one by one to follow at the current outfit if it said "worn".

Then I saved the outfit and it was saved ok.

I hope I helped **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**s://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif" border="0" alt="Smiley Happy" title="Smiley Happy" />

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

EASIEST way to fix it and I just had this same problem. No need to uninstall Second Life.

0. Exit Second Life.

1.C:\Users\<The name of your user folder, which is your first name on your pc>\AppData\Local 

copy and paste that in your folder on the file bar  which is a long bar that  shows you the path to your files.

Backspace what is in the <> and the <> then put your first name, should look like something like this.

C:\Users\Kate\AppData\Local 

2. Look for Second life folder and delete all the cache files that's inside it, just do not delete the files with these names.

FILES YOU DO NOT DELETE.

First File) name.cache

Second File)keywords_lsl_b46a9fd1-58e5-c177-c4ee-fd0c9cdec9ea.llsd

Third File) index.db2.x.27076

Fourth File) data.db2.x.27076

If you do somehow delete these files, I am pretty sure Second Life client will resintall them automatically.

Just wanted to say that ArtemisGreece's suggetion worked for me. But what happened to me was, I changed into some new clothes and tried to save the outfit. When I got the message saying "There are no items in this outfit", I went to the Current Outfit Folder, deleted the broken link that was in there, then tried to resave the outfit again and IT WORKED! No need to reapply all the clothing. 

Thank you to ArtemisGreece, much appreciated!

The easiest fix is the following. Please note that I'm using Firestorm 4.7.7. The steps/menu items might be a little different on other viewers.

Enable to Developer menu. Preferences > Advanced > Show Developer Menu

Make sure you have your current shape saved somewhere.

Developer > Avatar > Character Tests > select either Test Male or Test Female

After that is done, switch back to your old shape & clothes. Saving outfits should now work for you again.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.