Why are my hands straight out?

AngieMel Sammet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

They won't curve like they used to, or others do. 

I noticed my nails weren't fitting with my hands when I logged in. My fingers seem spread out, my hand resembles a star. I wondered if sl did something to the hands in general, but I saw other avis were well curved, and mine weren't. 

Someone help?

2 answers to this question

Hand poses and facial expressions in SL are controlled by a fixed, limited set of "morph positions".  One of these is a fingers spread position.

You may be wearing an animation overrider or HUD or other object that imposes this.  If so, take off the object.  Or, your hands may be stuck in that pose from some previous animation.  Try using the Me/Stop Animations menu item.  If that does not work, find a free "undeformer" tool and use it.  One is located at the arrival point at Caledon Oxbridge University...look for a gray cone with a ball on top of it. 

If you use the Firestorm viewer, try Avatar/Avatar Health/Undeform.

The nails not fitting is a result of the nonstandard hand pose.  The nails are attached to the hand attach point, not the fingertips.  When your hand spreads out or clenches, the fingers move away from the nails.  Don't try to edit the nails back into position!  This is the main reason I switched to the SLink mesh hands...the nails never pop off!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.