When I stand still for a second of more my avatars legs bend forward

Romanadvoratrelundar Ghost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I stand still for a second of more my avatars legs bend forward really far at the knee

its gone when I walk but the minute I stand up its back 

here are the photo's 

http://s1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd429/gardengnomie/SL%20problems/

(((i am not using a AO))

How do i fix this??

*have tried the stop animating me 

and taking off items, but still no help

_______UPDATE

Have downlodwded viwer 3

and still has this problem kind of

Insted of both legs bending one leg now stays straight and one bends out to side

This has stopped since updating to new version of vewier 3

this seems to be a problem only with SL and dolphin vewier 2 (and first version of veiwer 3)

14 answers to this question

Does this bent knees thing happen in every sim you go into? Or are you standing right at the edge of a sim?  I see a lot of avatars that look like this, but usually when they are in on a text-only client or a bot program, which clearly you aren't.

It doesn't look at all like anything is animating you, rather that your avatars is very "relaxed" ! But you could try the "stop animating me" feature.

This is a Havok 4 bug as described in this Jira https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-749?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel which apparently is related to https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-349

Your avatar shows your feet in the ground and knees bent as described. What viewer are you using? If a current one, you could add to the Jiras.

• Like 1

Click "Page down" & see if that fixes it.

On some viewers you can set page down to toggle crouch & if you have that selected you could just be getting stuck in a crouch anim.

The other thing to make sure is that you are on level ground, because legs do weird things when you stop moving on a slope.

My curiosity is really getting the better of me, but have you got an alternative avatar you can log in with?

If so, does the same thing happen with it as you are experiencing on your main account? 

And how do others see you? It could actually be something specific to your computer. Could be. Maybe.

Romanadvoratrelundar Ghost wrote: but is there a fix for this?
i dont understand what the jira is
i use both dolphin viver 2 and the latest second life viewer
it happens on both

This is an old issue and I'm surprised to see it appearing again. There is a 2007 thread on this on the former Commmunity Forum and I'm sure there are other references too. http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/327/44/175090/1.html 

Both Jiras are marked Closed and SVC 349 noted as won't be finished. Andrew Linden is gone far as I know, not sure about Sue Linden so I think if the suggestions already made on escaping this bent knee issue fail, the best thing to do is start a new Jira stating you are experiencing this with Viewer 2 (quote the actual version) and include the photos you took. I would be inclined to reference the previous Jiras also in your comments.

The Wiki on how to submit a bug report is here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Bug_Tracker
Torley Linden had a video tutorial on how to report a bug but it seems to have disappeared with links going elsewhere but while it may seem a daunting task, just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

Hey

It was fixed for me after changing from firestorm to SL viewer 2 version 3.

I don't think that it matters but before switching i also removed everything from my avatar and replaced everything that remains. Also played with settings like avatar height.

• Like 1

I experience this same issue (my avatar appears half crouched when standing and walking in every sim) after I updated to Firestorm version Firestorm 6.5.6 (66221) Jul 16 2022. I am not sure if this is related to the update.

I managed to fix this issue by checking on the parameter Preferences -> Firestorm -> Extras : Fix Bento Idle Animation.

3 hours ago, Xena Innis said:

I experience this same issue (my avatar appears half crouched when standing and walking in every sim) after I updated to Firestorm version Firestorm 6.5.6 (66221) Jul 16 2022. I am not sure if this is related to the update.

Yes, I know this is an ancient thread, but since you raised the point @Xena Innis, you can sometimes be forced into a "duck walk" crouch if you have set your hover height too low.  Your avatar does not like being forced below ground or into a prim she's walking on.  If your hover height is too low, then, your av will bend its knees instead of sinking into whatever is under it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.