Answer
Recognized Resident
kalkirajj
What is a vampire? If we allow a vampire to bite us what are the after effects?

Does a person also becomes vampire after biting of vampire.  What is a vampire in SL?

Other Answers: 5
Helper
Storm Clarence
Answered

kalkirajj wrote:

Does a person also becomes vampire after biting of vampire.  What is a vampire in SL?

Technically a vampire in SL is like everyone else: a pixelated RP character.  No, you do not become a vampire if you are bitten.  It is RP.  

valerie Inshan
Answered
[ Edited ]

As Storm said, your don't become a vampire if you have been biten. SL vampires communities are here:

http://secondlife.com/destinations/roleplay/vampire

If you are still afraid of vampires, you can get yourself a garlic necklace on the marketplace...:smileywink:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/fr-FR/products/search?search[category_id]=1&search[keywords]=garl...

"Everybody is right from their own point of view, but it is not impossible that everyone is wrong." Mahatma Gandhi
Recognized Helper
Marigold Devin
Answered

If you allow a vampire to bite you in Second Life, your avatar will suffer no after-effects.  You may, however, find that the person who bites you might also want you to become a vampire or to join their "clan", and you have no obligation to join anything at all.

I allowed my avatar to be bitten by a vampire in 2007, and I have suffered no after effects...

... oh, except I do get the urge to howl at the moon when it is full (but only in RL :matte-motes-silly:)

Learning something new every day.
Dazler
Topics: 2
Kudos: 44
Solutions: 12
Answered
[ Edited ]
It's merely a role-play game that some users play. I confess that, when I was just a few days new to Second Life, I was tricked into accepting a bite and I found it a rather unpleasant experience. A message appeared on my screen telling me that I had lost ten percent of my humanity and, in my inexperience, I honestly thought that, if I were bitten nine more times, I would lose my account. This was, of course, untrue and I soon found a free garlic necklace that removed me from their "game." I would suggest that you search the marketplace and do likewise. Most importantly, there are no ill effects in being bitten.
Age-verified 18 plus male elf from the woodlands of Great Britain.
Helper
Storm Clarence
Answered

HOWEVER!  I was once bit by a troll on this forum and look at my avatar now!   Be very wary of trolls.  I bite, too.