Uncontrolled Movements

Aveolela

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If you have seen Happy Days and Fonzi my hands do just what he does. I also wink. I will do this with or without a AO on and active. The only time it seems to stop is as Ruth. But if I remove the invisible avatar item I start up again even as Ruth. Has anyone else had this and what can I do besides deleting and starting over? This occurs when any sound comes through my Mic.

I have no stripped to nothing but skin, shape, eyebrowshaprer, and lsl Bridge. And I am still doing this after a reboot.

1 answer to this question

I'm not sure exactly what you are seeing, but it sounds like it might be this ....

Some users report strange hand flickering/twitching on medium graphics setting. This is caused by the combination of basic shaders enabled and atmospheric shaders disabled. It appears that on certain windlight settings, this combination will cause the flickering effect with the movement of the clouds.

Workaround: Enable atmospheric shaders or disable basic shaders. Both need to be either enabled or disabled in Preferences → Graphics → General.
If this doesn't help, disable Hardware Skinning as well.

The associated bug report is located at FIRE-1751.

This may or may not be related to winking, which I would normally associate with wearing a scripted object (probably tiny, transparent, and inside your body).  To find that object, open your inventory and type (WORN without the right parenthesis to see a list of all the things you are wearing.  Then start removing them one at a time until the winking stops. 

Finally.... the confusing hint about your Voice.  This is a long shot, but take a look at the Maximum Bandwidth setting in Preferences >>> Setup.  That setting defaults to 800 mb/sec, but you may have raised it for some reason.  Don't.  Maximum bandwidth determines how much bandwidth your viewer is allowed to use, out of the total available through your Internet connection.  The default setting is more than adequate.  If you set it too high, your viewer may wrestle with Voice and streaming media for bandwidth, and you'll get choppy sound and other occasional odd behavior.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.