Transparency caused by alpha layer?

SedonaOnidene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When trying to wear a sweater with the alpha layer [plus wearing mesh hair]; parts of the back of my avatar become transparent - especially where the strands of hair fall. I can actually see through to the other side. I don't know what is causing this nor how to fix it. I tried not using the alpha layer but even taking the avatar size down, skin still pokes thru at the arms.  This is a favorite sweater and would hate to not be able to wear it.  Any suggestions?

1 answer to this question

SedonaOnidene wrote:

When trying to wear a sweater with the alpha layer [plus wearing mesh hair]; parts of the back of my avatar become transparent - especially where the strands of hair fall. I can actually see through to the other side. I don't know what is causing this nor how to fix it. I tried not using the alpha layer but even taking the avatar size down, skin still pokes thru at the arms.  This is a favorite sweater and would hate to not be able to wear it.  Any suggestions?

The problem doesn't have to do with the alpha layer, but the texture of the sweater itself - it has transparency set, and your hair also has transparency set and that will conflict. Transparency can be set even if it doesn't look transparent or translucent. If the sweater doesn't need transparency (i.e. if it doesn't have a "fuzzy layer") you can try this if its modifiable:

Drag the sweater onto the ground and edit it. Under "Textures" change the "Alpha Mode" (or something with a similar name) from "Alpha Blending" to "Alpha Masking." That should fix it.

If you can't modify it you can try contacting the maker and asking if they'll change that setting for you.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.