Notifications and emails

SavySodade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I turned off the notifications in my profile under groups however I still get emails and their events show up in my chat when inworld. I would leave the groups but I paid for them and I like to visit but my email account is overflowing and I'm tired of clicking the x box every two minutes. Can someone help me make it stop?

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

If you turned off e-mail forwarding on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account >>> Contact Information, then you should only get "official" messages from Linden Lab (messages that have to do with your account status) and messages from Marketplace when you buy or sell something.  If you want to have even the "official" messages sidetracked, I suggest creating a new gmail account that receives ONLY your SL e-mail.  That's what many (most?) merchants do, so that SL e-mail doesn't get mixed in with other business and personal e-mail.

• Like 4

Thank you very much for the terrific idea. I will create a new e-mail box and use this. I'm exploring different locations in the Second Life destinations...and as Resident Savy mentioned...I have the same issues. My email is overflowing also and my Inworld notifications are getting capped as well. I miss important information and requests for help from groups I belong to...and events I wish I would have seen but for they are lost.....Thank you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.