Im going to start a SL Video soon, Any stuff I could add to it?(It be bout my av)

KarisalynnXOXO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know weird question some of you might say,"This is for answer not stupid questions" and stuff i just figure out how to make a second life and I want to make a video bout my av in there so i could show my friend. Can anyone tell me what I could add to the video or some advise to make the video good.

2 answers to this question

Turn off your various windows, take off HUDs.  You don't want them to appear in the video.

Use an application like FRAPS to capture the video.

Don't try moving your camera unless you can do it very smoothly.  I like my Space Navigator 3D "mouse" for this.

Use a video editing application to get rid of any footage that isn't perfect.  Most modern videos don't show clips longer than a few seconds...watch some TV shows and notice how very short most of the clips are.  Make each clip as short as possible, while still telling the story you want to tell.

You can export your finished video and upload it to YouTube, to let everyone see your work!

• Like 1

Second Life movies are called "Machinima", and can be a lot of fun to make. Here's some background information...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Machinima

And there is a subforum specifically for machinima...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Machinima-Forum/bd-p/machinima_forum

The most active machiminatographer in the forums these days is jjccc Coronet. You can find his music video style work in the machimina subforum.

The first thing you'll need as a way to capture video of your antics in SL. Lindal has recommended Fraps, which I've seen mentioned by lots of Windows machiminatographers. I've also heard of people using Camstudio, which is free. I'm a Mac user and find Screeny works well, though it does cost $15.

I'll second Lindal's recommendation of the Space Navigator 3D mouse, but you can certainly do good work without it. The Firestorm Viewer has more sophisticated camera control tools in a toolbar button called "Phototools". I recommend looking at the Firestorm if you're going to do lots of photography.

I have always been a fan of short form storytelling, and SL is a wonderful place for a budding video storyteller to cut her teeth. If you do make a little video for you friend, give us a show as well!

;-).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.