I have two bridges and I believe it is causing me to crash

lilmisslara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

hi

top of the page, click on the Knowledge base

type into the search box 

clean install

from the drop down menu pick

How to uninstall and reinstall second life

there you will be able to install the right viewer,

sound like you using a old viewer and its upload to you a new bridge

that happen to me

I had the old phonix viewer and they update to firestorm,

I hate firestorm, its spam its self or did.

hope that help you

you also find at the phonix web site, how to clean install.

good luck byee

The two problems are not necessarily related to each other, but it's impossible to say without having more information than you have given.

Having two bridges may not be a problem in itself, but it may suggest that you did not install the Firestorm viewer correctly the last time you upgraded.  You can try either of two solutions.  One is to follow the instructions for repairing your bridge here.  The other, which is probably smarter, is to do a proper clean install of the viewer.  That is likely to take care of both problems.

If it doesn't solve your crashing problem, though, we'll need more information about your computer and how you are connected to the Internet.  Also it would help to know what happens when you "crash".  When does it happen?  Exactly what error messages do you get?  How frequent is it?  Anything else?

EDIT:  I just went back and discovered your previous post about crashing problems.  You did provide a little more information there, so thank you.  Have you tried Marigold's suggestion about cleaning your computer?  Have you had crashing problems on any other sims, or just on those few?

If you want to provide extra information or need to clarify your question, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

You can open Apperance, select Wearing, and remove the bridges.

As Rolig suggests that is not the probably source of your problem.

============

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection between the computer and gateway and/or between the gateway and ISP. T-Mobile and other ISP’s use a wireless system to connect to you.

Without information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.