I have the Lena Lush body and every time I change clothes, hair ect the body becomes invisible. Help

Kelis Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have the Lena Lush body and every time I change clothes, hair, shoes you name it and sometimes teleporting the body becomes invisible.  It shows in my outfits I'm still wearing the body but I can not see it.  I have to detatch the body and reattach it everytime in order to see it.

UPDATE: 07-26-14: Turns out there was an update to the mesh body that I did not get.  Since I have received the update there have been no further issues.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read and answer my question.

2 answers to this question

It could be several things.

That is a Mesh body.  Because it's Mesh, you can't wear standard clothes, or even Mesh clothes with it.  You have to use the applier system that's compatible with that make of body.  However, that is unlikely to be the cause of your particular problem.

You also need to be able to see Mesh properly.  Make sure you are using a current viewer.  Check your graphics settings and make sure you have Basic Shaders enabled.  Also see the suggestions here: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/mesh_issues

Finally, make sure you are not accidentally taking off the body when you wear additional items.  Use the Add command to add other attachments, not the Wear command.  (Again, I don't think this is the cause of your particular problem, since you say it happens on teleports too.)

hello kelis,

the problem might be:

what i observed is that the body seems to randomly lose the alpha mode properties when rezzing (luckily very rarely). This seems to be a problem of SL in general. Often the next time you login the alpha mode loads properly, but sometimes sadly it seems getting lost or rests in a kind of limbo state (like showing in the edit window that alpha clipping is on but actually performing like alpha blending is active). To prevent this i was scripting a routine into the body that updates the alpha modes on each time you apply a skin.

So whenever this happens again try applying a skin, that should fix the issue. Also making a backup copy of your body helps, if this occurs again you have a fresh copy still that works fine.

As said before its not an issue of the mesh body, since this occurs randomly even if you do nothing at all (not e.g. applying clothes)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.