How do I change from a default avi form back to my regular skin and shape?

Sarxvo Saenz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was a particle cloud and I completed all of the suggested tips for seeing my avatar, but nothing worked. I finally used the avatar picker and viola! However, I cannot get back to my old self. I can change my shape, but when I choose a skin from my inventory, it says it is worn, but the avatar does not change. Any suggestions?

*Update - - The issue was resolved by right clicking on my avi, take off, clothes, all. I was then able to "rebuild" myself back after that!! I guess I should go ahead and make a backup "me" folder... Thanks for the answers, y'all!!

3 answers to this question

Don't confuse skin with shape.  Your skin is just a texture that is "painted" on your body.  Your body is your shape.  When you change appearance, you can either change both of them, or just one.  When you grab a new avatar from your Library >>> Clothing folder, or when you use Character Test to apply the default avatar, you are changing both.  If you want to return to your previous shape and skin either have to wear each of them separately or (better) wear them from your saved outfits folder.  I have one standard outfit that I call Emergency Me for just that purpose.

Glad you got back to yourself.

The reason wearing a different skin did not seem to have an effect is probably that the avatar you were wearing was one of the new Fitted Mesh avatars.  These have a body that is attached to the "normal" avatar, while the normal avatar is hidden by means of an alpha clothing layer.

Adjusting your shape with the appearance sliders while wearing one of these will change the shape somewhat, but only some of the sliders affecting gross avatar size and proportions will have an effect.  Fine changes to facial features won't.

If you are interested in customizing your av, and trying on different clothes, I'd avoid these fitted mesh avatars like the plague.  You can tell which ones they are because they all say (Mesh) in their name.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.