Answer
Resident
Inanna Huntress
Friends Online

I am having trouble seeing a friend online even when he is and has me checked.  Have also had trouble selecting friends in the window. .. it just seems to lock up. .. Anyone else having this problem?

Other Answers: 4
Peewee Musytari
Answered

It is a server bug that was rolled out onto all sims with the deploys last week. It is not your account or your viewer.

It also affects all 3 of the friend permissions and if you click one to try and change it you will freeze up that person on your list because it gets stuck trying to do the first change. A relog will clear the change you tried to make & unfreeze it.

The 2 workarounds are to either login to the SL website and go to the friends web profile and make the change there, the friend will then need to relog in SL to see the change. Or, if you want the perms back to default setting, remove the friend from your list and add them again.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Known-issue-with-granting-revoking-permissions...

Chic Aeon
Kudos: 340
Solutions: 166
Answered

Just a note that this seems to be an issue in FIRESTORM also.

I had "friends and groups see me" only checked for a few days and found out last night that friends couldn't see me either. So I set it back to "everyone" and still folks in FIRESTORM (and perhaps Viewer 2) can't see me.

Flowing around the rocks is a good thing -- just don't drown in the process.
Griffin Ceawlin
Answered

There's a problem with the permissions system. See this post for a workaround.

:smileymad: I'm only a part-time b*tch :smileywink:
My time inworld is limited, and precious. IMs detailing your bruised ego are unwelcome.
Go to my Forum profile and try a PM instead. I may even respond.
~ My Silly Little Blog ~
valerie Inshan
Answered
[ Edited ]

Yes, it's a bug in the new V2 update. You might revert to the previous version in the meantime while it is fixed or use a TPV like Firestorm:

http://www.phoenixviewer.com/

"Everybody is right from their own point of view, but it is not impossible that everyone is wrong." Mahatma Gandhi