Covering up my avatar's hair base?

Hoppimike

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I basically just want him to be bald underneath his attachment hair, so no hair base. At the moment he has short ginger hair underneath his long brown hair which looks a bit odd!

I heard I could get a bald cap or something? Or perhaps I could edit the texture manually? Sucks to be a noob, lol

Thanks,

Mike

EDIT -- It's ok now! I'll repost what I wrote elsewhere:

"

yeah it was the skin.

but but! it's ok!

Because I was in the marketplace and found this great affordable new skin!

I wore it, and it looked great BUT with the bald head when my long hair my character has moved, sometimes it looked very odd and showed the baldness underneath!

SO I used the "hair tattoo" that came with the skin and it looks perfect!!

Thank you very much everyone - I am v happy with this! ^_^"

So woo! Thank you!

2 answers to this question

There are three ways that your head can have color on it.

One is system hair, the hair that can be adjusted with the Appearance sliders.  That's all a "bald base", "baldy", "bald cap", or "eyebrow shaper" is...a set of system hair settings with the sliders set to zero.  If your system hair is modifiable, you can edit it yourself to remove the color.

Another is your skin itself.  If the skin you are wearing has a very short, painted-on hairstyle, there's not a thing you can do about it except to wear another skin.  Some skins come in packs that have both hair and no hair versions.

The third is with a "hairbase tattoo."  Some hair makers also provide matching color tattoos to go with their hairstyles.  if this is what you are wearing, just remove the tattoo layer.

• Like 4

Hoppimike wrote:

I basically just want him to be bald underneath his attachment hair, so no hair base. At the moment he has short ginger hair underneath his long brown hair which looks a bit odd!

I heard I could get a bald cap or something? Or perhaps I could edit the texture manually? Sucks to be a noob, lol

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Hoppimike and welcome to Second Life... you will get the hang of it in no time.. :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

I ran into this a couple times myself, and this is what I do... You will need a bald base instead of the ginger one you got now, as I recall it, then you can not take it off without putting something else on instead..

So

Go to your inventory window and try to type ''Bald base''... just those two words, and by chance there will pop up a bald base from another skin/avatar/hair... put that on instead and woolaa the ginger hair will be history ;)

If it does not work then send me a IM inworld and I will make you a bald one, but I am pretty sure that you will have more than one of them in your inventory. If I remember right, then they come with the standard as boy next door etc.. I am not much inworld so if you do end up sending me a IM, plz be paitence with me...

Lis

Edit: Pretending to make it look like I can spell right...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.