Cloth layers won't load or unload.

MinaSodima

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello! Recently I had this issue with the mesh avatar wich you helped to solve, thx! But now things got worse as my classic type avatar wont have any cloth layer loaded or unloaded from it. Whatever I ahve when I log in will stay until log off, and on next log in it will load with whatever I had marked as wearing on previous log off moment, even thou it woulnd't show me as wearing it. 

How can I fix that?

3 answers to this question

I don't quite understand.  Do you mean that you can't change clothing items or outfits?  Or do you mean that the clothing you are wearing doesn't appear properly (gray, or missing parts, maybe)?  I suspect that you mean the first one, but it's the words "load" and "unload" that I don't understand, as you are using them.

If you are having problems wearing different clothing items, you may still be dealing with the same problem we discussed in your earlier thread.  If you are using a standard "classical" avatar, you cannot wear clothing that was rigged for a very different avatar.  You must either wear traditional prim and system clothing or wear mesh items that are designed for the standard avatar.

I think I know what you mean.  You try to wear different clothes, but they don't seem to wear or attach.  Then when you log off and log back on, they appear.

This could be a problem in two areas.  First, you might have a flaky internet connection.  Reboot your internet modem and router, and if that doesn't help, try adding the Google Free Public DNS servers to your network setup.  See this link: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

The other problem might be a corrupt inventory cache on your local hard drive.  To clear your cache, follow these instructions:  http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_cache_clear

Also, you may simply be in a very laggy place.  Try your clothing experiments in a quiet, empty region like Pooley or Heckendorf.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.