camera perspective problem: SL viewer

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im finding it very difficult to take any photos where the perspective isnt totally skewed in a big way. Im not sure how to get a better view. Obviously it can be done because Ive seen some lovely photos of secondlife. 

Any tips appreciated. Ill attach a photo so you can see the problem I have...which is not limited to taking pics. its like the whole world is off these days. one minute things look right and the next they dont. I think it might be because second life has become all about the oculus viewer and not about the rest of us because I dont see this problem in other viewers in other worlds that I participate in.

thoughts?

prespective.jpg

Check out the Black Dragon third party viewer. It's based on the SL standard viewer but has all the camera tools, including those usually hidden in the debug menu, where you can get to them.

The problem with the camera view in the standartd SL viewer has always been too far away and up too high. That's what's led to 7+ foot avies and 30 foot high walls; the forshortening cause by the camera angle.

Black Dragon has a much better camera angle for photo use. In the meantime, try this....Crtrl-alt-shift S for the debug menu. then go to CameraOffsetRearView and change the number so x = -3, y = 0 and Z = 0.1, Then go to Focusoffsetrearview and change the number to X=0.125, y-0.775 and Z-0.200. I find those camera settings work beautifully. They take a bit of getting used to because the camera is lower down, but well worth it.

• Like 1

Hi Bobbie, I was not able to use the black dragon as its just for windows. But the other tips you gave were great. Ill go google and see if there is a viewer that macs can use that might be helpful for photoshots. thanks again for the help!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.