Water reflection quality

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I have been messing with water reflections and i cant fifure out how to make the reflection part less blurry if you see this pic http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9093791/mirror_001.png

it shows that reflected one is not so crisp. And if you are under water then all objects look blurry. I wonder is there a way to make the reflection les blurry without photoshop. Or its just what SL water does to my reflection and i cant help it.

Thanks

I must say that I'm surprized you were able to get it that far!!! (O_O)

Water reflections are generally done at a lower resolution to reduce lag and the waves distort things enough to get away with the cut in quality.  I'm not sure how much of your current reflection was accomplished strictly with Windlight settings and/or how many debug settings were involved.  My guess is that there would be a quality/blur/resolution/LOD/scale setting in debug in order to dial that in.  I'm sure it'll take a bit of hunting.  Though, there's a part of me which doubts it's an open variable and may require a HAXd client to adjust the necessary constants. (._.)

**Cool name, by the way! =^-^=

This is a picture I took, it shows the reflection just as it looks on my screen:

5084187953_87352aa7bc_b.jpg

I had to make a custom setting for water and upload a new water texture. I found out how-to from this blogpost: http://zonjacapalini.wordpress.com/guides/mirror-water/

The viewers has changed since then, I am not sure I could copy it now. I would guess that viewers that still use the old enviroment settings is easier to use.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.