Stopping animated objects, viewer-side

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In order to deploy a certain photographic technique (think multi-exposure HDR, though it's not that), I need to have everything in the scene not changing at all between two or more shots. I've already managed to freeze almost everything... the clients' avatars, their eyes, flexiprims, particles, animated textures, sun position and even sky clouds. Everything...

... except water movement, and animated objects such as pets. The former is of no major concern because I can usually get by capturing it in a third, single shot (though it'd still be nice to know how to stop that, too, if only to avoid that annoying high-res capture 'tiling bug').

But animated objects, when present (and necessary) for the scene, are a royal pain in the ***. The vast majority don't even seem to have an option for that and, short of stripping them completely of scripts (an option most of my clients would understandably refuse), I still haven't found any way to freeze them.

Is there any obscure viewer function for that? I'm using the latest Firestorm release, 4.6.1. Thanks :smileyhappy:

ETA: I know there's a 'freeze' option in the snapshot panel itself... but this one unfortunately is of no use for this particular purpose, because it actually prevents operating pretty much everything outside of that panel... which means I cannot make the one change I need to make between shots. And even if it did, this option tends to do funny things precisely for animated objects... sometimes their movement 'leaks' somehow through the freezing, making them appear disjointed between each capture.

If you have mod perms for the objects -- unlikely, but it happens -- then you can just set scripts in them to Not Running. The only other method I can think of is awkward, but ought to work.  Do all of your filming on a parcel where you can set all scripts to not running, by checking the appropriate box in About Land >>> Options.  Toggle that box on and off as needed between shots.  If necessary, you could subdivide your parcel temporarily to leave some of it unaffected.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.