Sl music videos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a handful of songs that I decided to try to make music videos using SL. This was my first attempt - I used fraps to record and Vegas pro to edit. I know its pretty choppy - but over all im happy with my first experience. Id love any advice on how to make the next with smoother camera controls, or really any advice at all. I appreciate it , thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sAUFsaghs0

For smooth camera motion control, it's hard to beat the SpaceNavigator.

As for your video, I think I'd stick with either B&W, sepia or color throughout. If you're going to switch palettes, that should flow from a shift in the mood of the music. Similarly, if you're going to stay entirely in color, use the same windlight settings for all venues, unless there's a shift in mood/energy in the underlying song.

For the song in that video, B&W seems apropo to me.

Most importantly... have fun!

Some very good shots!

And the answer is : CAMERA POSITION SMOOTHING

You can get to that easily in Firestorm in the Phototools pallette OR you can go into debug menu and go to "camerapostionsmoothing"  in the Linden Labs veiwer and change. (At least I think so; I never use that viewer for machinima.) I usually go with around 40 - 60 (doesn't matter) and ONLY use my mouse *wink*.

Very nice that you credited all the places.

Make sure that the music is credited also and it is best IMHO to use creative commons or purchased music. You could get "dinged" if it isn't legally used.

Next time post in MACHINIMA - LOL.

And most of all have fun. You have the eye and that is a big part of the process.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.