Mac users! Problem with high res photography

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys, so I just bought the late 2013 high end 15 inch macbook pro and I thought that surely, it would be able to handle SL photography.  It runs SL just perfect on ultra, but when I try to take pictures, it wont take photos at a resolution higher than 4800 without just being a black or white blank when I save it.  After a few photographs, it drops it's max resolution to less than 2500 pixels before becoming a black or white blank.  I'll know it has done that when it suddenly takes a photo quickly instead of thinking for about 10 seconds or so.  The mb count is also very low, like 23 mb versus 5,250 mb (or whatever size file).  Is this an SL issue or a graphics card issue?  The intel iris pro graphics card is what my computer uses when it runs SL, and that's supposed to be a high end graphics card.  I'm very confused so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not a Mac user but this came up in the blogger group a couple of days ago.

You don't say what resolution your screen is but I am guessing it is not more then 1600 x 900. If you take a 3200 x 1800 shot that is FOUR TIMES the size of your actual screen. If you want a 6400 x 3600 you are asking the computer to take a shot SIXTEEN TIMES larger than it was "designed for".

So of course there are issues. The person in question (having really lousy quality on the photos -- understandably) went back to 3200 X 1800 and was much happier.

Unless you are taking shots for print magazine (not web magazines), I can't see why you need those HUGE files. Just saying give the smaller files a try.

My only other thought would be to update your graphics driver if you haven't done so.

Well my mac is a retina so the screen resolution is 2880 x 1800.  It's common practice in second life photography to make the reolution as high as your computer can handle so that your images look smoother and more realistic.  I'm just wondering if the issue is with Second Life or my Intel Iris Pro graphics card.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.