Is there anyway to use partycloud on SL as a DJ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No.  You need to use software that can be connected to shoutcast so that it can be streamed into SL.  Also all the music is coming from SoundCloud a file sharing website that is probably full of illegal music because the people that uploaded it all didn't have the rights to do that unless they wrote and played the music themselves or own the rights to it.

To legally stream music into SL you need an internet radio license because it is not just SL people that can tune in.  Anyone on the web can.

I think you could if you wanted, use two computers, one for partycloud.. line that in to the other computer and broadcast with that. As for sound quality, the latency between both computers and the web based service you might have a good jukebox but thats about it. Will more than likey also eat up alot of bandwidth but without further research can't say for sure. So the answer is yes but you might not want to.

• 1 month later...

Since you asked about whether it could be done, not for legal advice, the answer is yes but it is tricky.

Get on youtube and look for videos about using a Virtual Audio Cable. It is free to download and demo but you'll have to spend about $40 to buy a version that is not watermarked. You might find something free that does the same job.

I tried it and it works but I do NOT use it to restream music. I was just curious about IF it was possible so my friends could pick songs and we could all listen in sync through SL instead of using web and SL together, in the end it was too much hassle.

I use a licensed copy of SAMBC Pro but there are free dj software that VAC will work with too. You can get a cut down version of SAM for free if you buy a cheapest stream for about 6 bucks a month.

So, yeah it can be done (it may be against the terms of service of the site you are streaming from, eg Spotify but you are an adult, you can read them and make up your own mind).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.