DJ'ing Question... Do I Have To Be Logged Into Second LIfe??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As we are all aware Second Life can be quite a drain on a laptop's resources and this could cause problems when trying to run Dj software and run Second Life at the same time on the same laptop.

I have two laptops... one I use specifically for DJ'ing only and another one I use for internet browsing and logging into Second life etc.

My question is... Can I stream into a venue in Second Life from my DJ laptop without it being logged into Second Life?  I want to do this because then I would log into Second Life with my other laptop in order to be present at my own performance.  This would leave my DJ laptop to handle just the DJ software and music streaming and my spare laptop would take all the strain of Second Life thus enabling me to perform without glitches from a maxed out processor.

your dj software doesn't stream to sl, that has it's own adress on the www, and you can set the sound you like on your club or land to that adress. It;s completely seperate from your sl account.

Your stream can be received in sl but also with most mediaplayers.

Working with a seperate dj machine is always usefull... when your avi crashes your stream will stay on air.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.