Critique My Work? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please, be harsh! I can handle it. 

Things I need to know --- 

1: What should I improve?

2: Tips & Tricks.

3: In all honesty do you think I could make L$ from doing this type of thing? 

Yes, I am quite new to sL. I've been here for about... 2-3 weeks now? I'm just a

baby, haha. I just started doing these edits yesterday, hence the reason there are only two.

Please have a look at my dA gallery and let me know what you think! 

http://anachroniztic.deviantart.com/gallery/

If you'd like one of your own feel free to send me an IM in world. I only do headshots, but 

hey, I'm only asking people to cover the 10L$ upload fee + any extra lindends that you'd like to

give me. You're basically paying for what you think the art is worth. No more, no less. :)

On the sugar crystals photo the hair+the head shape makes the anatomy feel really wonky.

And yeah. Low balling the entire market makes no one want to pay anyone else either. Its the problem that is flourishing in comission work lately. There is no point in being paid less than worth your time, if not skill as well.

• Like 1

lol yes, as Mistah said. I completely understand you because I did same, its about being insecure not only about the quality of the work but also about potential clients. If I am too pricey people will go to someone else... So new people have to offer more to "get in". But there is a trick, a real danger  I am seeing too often where people who charge less simply can't keep up with the work requested, each work we do is a custom one and its a real time and effort we put in. Of course you can ask people to tip in whatever they think its worth, maybe 10% will do so, others will think no way! 

Set yourself some basic, firm rules and make it so that it fits you best, I will not mention any prices because its subjective but I can suggest you to check other photographers and see what they charge for this type of work. And make a Flickr account so you can connect with potential clients and other photographers, also to advertise your work in tons of groups.

• Like 1

As far as the anatomy looking a little wonky, I do agree, Mistah. I remember looking at it and thinking

it looked a bit off, but I finished the picture anyhow because I wasn't quite sure how to fix it. I was still

pretty happy with the end result, though. 

I'm sorry about the prices. Since I'm so new to SL I wasn't sure how things work around here. See, I

come from IMVU where setting ridiculously low prices like this is perfectly normal. I guess I wasn't 

thinking. I'll look around at some other photographer's works and get some advice, then bump my prices. 

Tamara is right. It does have a lot to do with my own insecurities as well, plus trying to bring in new 

customers. 

Thanks for the advice, both of you! I'll be sure to make a Flickr account later today. As far as advertising

in groups goes, could either of you suggest some good groups to start with? 

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.