A good SL photography website?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I primarily use SL to take photography of my avatars and have been using Flickr to upload them to, however they get virtually no views. I have considered using Tumblr because then people could follow me and see my new pictures all the time, but when I searched I found no other Tumblr blogs that upload nude SL pictures. Is there a site where people upload SL photography that I can join and sort of, like a social networking site or something? It would have to be okay with nude photography. Would anyone happen to know of one? Thanks.

One reason people get 'views' is that they follow the work of others, fave, and comment (on Flickr).  One can learn much from examining the styles of others.  Flickr is 'ok' with nudity as long as you tag it as such.  Why not put a link to your Flickr on your post so we can see what you do?

• Like 1

Oh I didn't know that faving someone's work would let them know you did so, or that following someone would as well. I might give it a second try then. Here is my Flickr if you're curious. :)  https://www.flickr.com/photos/29536897@N02/  (Hopefully the link works and takes you to my specific page. I have a bad habbit of linking to the overall site in general and not my specific part of it.) Apparently I didn't know how to properly use Flickr socially so i'll look into that more. thank you for educating me on that!

You have some cute photos!  My personal preference is to see fewer of the same style (look, location, pose) and more variation.  I snap photos and send them to disc first and then choose what I want to post to Flickr.  You might try the same.

Again, faving and following others may bring some to your photostream as well.  Good luck!

Agreed about the repetitive nature.

@ OP   Either be pickier about your shots or take them then choose the best ONE or TWO of the photo shoot. No one wants to wade through a bunch of almost the same photos (well maybe your "mom" but likely no one else :D)

Also re Flickr -- find groups that your photo fit into. Join those groups (like the locale you took the shots in -- the designer's clothes or hair you (your model) was wearing etc. And then put your photos into those groups. Make sure you watch the rules of those groups. You will naturally get more views that way. 

Many groups are PG or M and putting in Adult photos wouldn't be good. So read carefully :D.

• Like 1

I agree with what Venus and Chic said about repetition... I wouldn't want to follow someone who posts virtually the same pic over and over again.  That being said, I went ahead and followed you hoping you'll take that into consideration.

Taking Chic's group suggestion a bit further, here's some groups that would be appropriate with which to start you off:

The Avatar and The Artist

- UR World SL -

And, of course... Second Life Official

One more thing that you might consider is using your SL profile feed to post your regular everyday snapshots, then using Flickr just for the ones that you consider to be a bit more special.  Of course, you wouldn't want to fill up your feed with repetitious shots either... that's where Venus' suggestion of saving to your hard drive comes in.

But, whatever you decide to do, just have fun with it.  That is, after all, what's important... much more so than how many people view your pics.

...Dres

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.