umbrella animation causes freezing in AO

insilvermoonlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello forum

So I have a customer that is experiencing freezing in her walk AO when she equips this animation...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Umbrella-openclose-Atach-Animations-Boxed/1607801

This problem is not someting I or anyone else has experienced and I am not very experienced with animation priorities. How can I council her on the best approach to fix the problem?

Thank you!

More information is needed. Does the animation to hold the umbrella animate the whole body, or just the upper body? It sounds like the whole AO is turning off tho, not really an animation problem but a scripting problem. It's hard to say tho. Does an animation trigger when the umbrella is opened?

The umbrella animation only effects the upper body, the arms. Like I mentioned no one up until this point has had an issue with their AO after equiping the umbrella. And of course it does not mention what priority the umbrella animation is in the ad, so I am at a loss at this point. And yes, the umbrella contains the hold as well as an animate on equip script.

Go into the viewer "Develop" menu, then Avatar, then Animation Info.

You'll be surrounded by hovertext with UUID's of animations and their priority.  You should be able to see when the umbrella animation starts and see the priority there.

You may also get some clues from World, Animation Explorer if you use Firestorm.

I still have my suspicions that it animates too many bones but i'm not going to give someone L$500 just to be nosey (sorry!) :)

I haven't used Firestorm in awhile, but you should have options to show the Advanced, and Developer options in the Perferences, probably on the last page.

What it sounds like to me, is that the scripting is turning the AO off. When I had a full time coder, he always wanted to turn the AO off for this and that, until I told him not to ever do it. I told him this because in everycase, I could create the animation in a way that they AO did not need to be turned off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.