Raising Ride Pose when used on horseback ?

Restless Swords

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have tried some motorcycle rid poses to used when my avatar attaches a horse.  everything is fine except the horse feet are in the ground, since the pose is based on a standing avatar height.  Best I can tell when I attach the horse object and start the ride animation/pose, there is no way for my script to raise my avatar (and its attached horse) up a foot or so.

I looked at a horse that includes a ride pose that works, and tried just running that pose (without its horse) and sure enough my avatar "sits" a foot or so higher in the air (its head is a foot higher than when just standing).  But that pose is not full-perm.

Is there anyway to modify the full-perm ride pose i have so the avatar sits a foot higher?  Or do i just need to find someone who sells full-perm ride pose specifically for horses that is already built with that extra offset built-in ?

why not just link an invisble prim to your horse , and add the ride pose to this ......then you can adjust it to any height you want without it affecting the horse ......... though its probably  better to rewrite the script , and add adjustment , because if you are making something for sale ,  not everyones av is the same size ............

Kurt, that is sort-of what i already have, the horse itself (but obviusly not invisible)

- the trouble is that regardless of the size of the horse, the "ride" animation pose affects the core avatar and ignores the horse size.

- if the horse were a vehicle the avatar sat on, then no problem, i could just adjust the sit position

- but the horse is an attachment to the avatar, hence the avatar position+height is the controlling factor

Sadly I have now confirmed how AKK and LoneStar adjust the avatar riding height for their horses:

- each has a whole bunch (20 or so) ride animations in their contents (each offset higher or lower than default)

- so each time a user adjusts their height (via the dialog) a different animation becomes default and loaded

So, I need to contact an animation builder to get a set of Ride poses, with a default height and also with +/- different offsets.

- This is the solution many horse makes have used for many years, so I cant imagine I can create anything better.

There's possibly another option which is to create a set of animations which are just "offsets", nothing to do with the pose you need but just offsets to the avatar hip joint (root) to raise it up.

How well this may work will depend on priorities and what may or may not happen in terms of hip joint in your horse riding animation. 

In other words, running both animations together, you may be able to blend a hip offset to raise height and your riding animation to do the bone rotation for the rest of the actions.  You may need priority 5 for the hip offset bit, you'd have to play.

Sassy Romano wrote:

There's possibly another option which is to create a set of animations which are just "offsets", nothing to do with the pose you need but just offsets to the avatar hip joint (root) to raise it up.

How well this may work will depend on priorities and what may or may not happen in terms of hip joint in your horse riding animation. 

In other words, running both animations together, you may be able to blend a hip offset to raise height and your riding animation to do the bone rotation for the rest of the actions.  You may need priority 5 for the hip offset bit, you'd have to play.

The problem here is really the same as discussed in his other thread.

He is not sitting on a rezzed horse, he is attaching it and is running into this problem:

"Attachments cannot be sat upon (see SVC-6100 to vote for such a feature)."

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSitTarget

I am wondering if a possible solution could be in a two part vehicle that was used to get around the 32 prim limit.  Part of it was an attachment, part was rezzed.  I don't know how they managed to move the two parts together.  They certainly could be very buggy.

Yes I realise he's not sitting on it but that's all an animation is, a set of rotations applied to the bones and an offset applied to the root joint.  Just as a jumping animation moves the root up and down, simultaneously playing an offsetting animation along with the horse riding may solve it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.