Question on couples animations

friscolives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been able to make some basic singles animations and upload to sl with success. I hope to ultimately make some animations for couples. Does anyone know of any links to tutorials for couples animation creation? Obviously the basic principles would be the same, I just am cloudy on how you would synchronize them to work.

You synchronize them by writing a script that initializes when one person "sits" on a couples poseball and then waits to triggger its anim until the other person is seated. Then both anims trigger at the same instant.  Because anims play client-side and are vulnerable to viewer lag, you cannot guarantee that the anims will stay synced, so a script typically resynchronizes every minute or so.  You'll find a number of couples dance scripts in script libraries in SL and on the Internet, if you don't want to write your own.

Rolig answered it from a scripting perspective required to actually start the animations but from a creation perspective, your software needs to be able to have two armatures available for editing at the same time.

In other words, create both animations at the same time so that the movement in one relates to the other.

What software are you using?

I'm fairly new to animation. What I've been using as of late is by Brexel. I made a one person mo cap animation using the free version of their software and was able to load to SL. I believe their newest software, Brexel pro body,  its capable of 2 people capture. I plan of purchasing that in the near future, I am currently using a trial version but sadly can't record anything longer than 4 seconds so I won't have much to go by. Once I get the full version in a few days I should know a lot more.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.