Question about: "offer to animate your avatar"

BadEddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometimes we see people offering to animate our avatar for couple anims like a hug for example. No poseball or objects are used for that, all we get is a pop up window that offer us to click yes or no. How does that work? What do I need to use a couple animation this way and offer others to join by clicking yes to animate their avatar? Thank you

When an object tries to apply an animation to your avatar, it requires you to accept the animation before it takes effect.

This is to prevent people performing unwanted animations on you without your permission.

If you see this popping up from a couple animator or another object, it's because that object is trying call an animation via script with you as the target. Many things do this so there's no need for alarm, just make sure the animation is from a trusted source before accepting. (Like from a friend or a danceball, not a random person running up trying to animate you.)

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. What I'm actually trying to do is find how to do this with my own animations. I know how to use animations in furnitures without problem but this, as explained above (to offer someone to join an animation ) without the use of poseball or object, that I have no clue how to make it

It's not super simple.

Basically here's what you need to call an animation on someone.

1. The agent key of the target. (This can be returned by a few methods). llDetectedKey / llGetAgentList

2. Animation trigger permissions from the target agent. (This is what causes the permission window to pop up for the target).

3. Call the animation with llStartAnimation.

I believe the way things like couple animators typically do it is they return a dialog list of avatars nearby, and you click the desired target for the animation. Permissions are then sent to the target and if they accept, the the animation is applied.

You may want to do some searching around for an example script, or try to find an open-source animation script in-world.

This is a useful site for SL scripting LSL_Portal

• Like 1

You might want to ask for more advice in the Scripting Forum.

Essentially, though, it's same process as animating someone who is sitting on a poseball; you just call llRequestPermissions(id,PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION) and that gives the person whose uuid is indicated by "id" the dialog request.

Then you animate them (or not) in the run_time_permissions event, if (permissions & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION).   It's just the same as with a poseball, except that when a script that's in something you're wearing (or sitting on) asks for permission to animate you, the request is silently and automatically granted.

• Like 2

BadEddy wrote:

oh ok ok! Not as simple as I thought but at least I know what to look for! lol.

Thank you for your help

Actually, it is exactly that simple. Just find the script, there are dozens, free or on the marketplace.

If you do a search for a HUG script on the marketplace or in the wiki, you should find what you are looking for. HUG script was the name given to this type of script in the early years

Here is a free script I was able to find in a few minutes. Of course, I have my own, but it was written for me. I do not endorse this script that I'm posting. I have no clue if it works.

http://www.free-lsl-scripts.com/cgi/freescripts.plx?ID=949

That said, it seems to use the same animation for both character, if I'm reading the code right. This will work with a good amount of greetings, but not all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.