Quadruped Animations?

GypsyLogic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright, so I'm making a quadruped avatar. I've got the mesh and everythign all fixed up with a single, static aniamtion to get the arms out of airplane mode. I have been creating a walking animation as well. However, with the walking animation, one arm sticks out in airplane mode, btu the other doesn't. In Blender, I don't have one arm sticking out, so I don't think it's a problem in Blender? I have no idea.

So, to clarify:

Quadruped avatar

Just one arm sticks out in airplane mode when animated.

There's a few things that would be really helpful here. Some tutorial or something as to how to animate a quadruped avatar, as well as some insight as to why *one* arm is sticking out.

Thank you for any help!

How are you creating your first frame? The first frame is a positioning reference frame that tells the system where your avatar is in space, and also which bones to animate. If any bone in your 2nd frame matches your first frame, that will tell the system not to animate it. In Blender, you can either add your own first frame, which is usually a Tframe with all bones set to zero, or you can have the exporter prepend a first frame.

Alright, that helped a lot. Now I'm having a problem where the animation in SL isn't what I tell it to do in Blender. Every time, it doesn't matter how I actually animate it, I have the same result: a front leg (arm) going forward and a back leg going back, when I didn't tell it to do that at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.