Resident
Skye Herriat
0 Kudos

Qavimator Issues

So, I got qavimator today, and I haven't had trouble making poses. It's pretty easy to use. But, whenever I try to save, it freezes up and wont let me click anything, even the save button. I can type, but whenever I press enter to save it, it just makes a space. Also, I can't backspace. Is anyone else having these issues, or know the solution? It's kind of frustrating. 

Couldbe Yue
0 Kudos

Re: Qavimator Issues

[ Edited ]

Reply to Skye Herriat - view message

what operating system are you using?  I found that would happen occasionally when I was using xp.  It still happens now on win 7 but only when I try to open a large bvh file rather than the avm.

eta: the freezing that is..  I've never come across the problem with typing, I'd say it's something to do with windows though.

~~ Buy Satiated Desires Products on the Marketplace ~~

Online Catalogue | New Releases Blog
Facebook | Twitter

The inworld shops have closed, not enough people shop inworld to cover tier these days :smileysad:
Resident
Skye Herriat
0 Kudos

Reply to Couldbe Yue - view message

I use a MacBook Pro.

Couldbe Yue
0 Kudos

Then I'm afraid you'll have to wait until someone comes past who knows about apple stuff.  I did find this page http://qavimator.org/  The only thing I can suggest is that perhaps qavimator is too out of date for your operating system but I'm sure a mac person will come past and say for sure.

~~ Buy Satiated Desires Products on the Marketplace ~~

Online Catalogue | New Releases Blog
Facebook | Twitter

The inworld shops have closed, not enough people shop inworld to cover tier these days :smileysad:
Topics: 24
Kudos: 15
Blog Posts: 0
0 Kudos

I am not a QV pro, but do run a Mac.  Have head that it does freeze up when saving.  I haven't  used it in a long time so can't verify.  You might look at using another product other than QV.  Sorry I have none to suggest other than maybe trying Blender.

Morgaine Christensen
Hell House Design

"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing."-- Aristotle

"One must learn by doing the thing; for though you think you know it, you have no certainty, until you try.-- Sophocles
Trix Braveheart
0 Kudos

I wanted to start making animations for second Life and was considering Daz Studio before I found Qavinator.

Daz is a little more work because you need to add the Second life avator, here's a video that will show you how to use it. 

http://youtu.be/PPafuqpOqj

I did check and Daz Studio is available for Apple

I downloaded Qavinator the same day you submitted the questions and it is incredible to use, very easy. If you can find a way around the save issue it would be great, but, this might be an option for you...

Trix Braveheart
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Reply to Trix Braveheart - view message

Sorry, I got that link from the drop down in You Tube, but, if it doesn't work for you try here

http://www.koinup.com/Medhue/work/439144/

same video

Trix Braveheart
0 Kudos