Putting sitting animation inside object

Miette Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You need a script that plays the animation when someone sits on it. You can get one here.  It is the second example script.  You will need to figure out the position and rotation of the avatar in relation to the chair and put the coordinates in the script.

Alternatively there are sit script systems where you sit on an object and then use build tools to rotate it and put the avatar where it belongs on the chair.  It then figures out the coordinates for you that you can copy and paste into the script. Here is a free one.https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Easy-SitTarget-Tool/1462278

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for helping me with this, I am very grateful!! I was so clueless and had no idea where to begin - but the info you provided has helped tremendously! I am so thankful for this forum, and for your generously sharing your time to answer my question!

Do you have to add the name of the animation to the script someplace? I just created a new script using the one you suggested but the animation isn't being triggerd, wasn't sure if I have to include the actual name of the animation in the script for it to work - and if so, how and where do I put that? Sorry for the confusion! I am such a noob when it comes to creating in SL!

Check out nPose ... it's an open source set of scripts and objects. You put your animations into the object (a chair, say) then drop the nPose scripts into the same object, together with one notecard for each "scene" ... a scene might be a single animation (one person sitting) or a couple kissing, or 4 people having dinner, or whatever. One notecard per "scene", then nPose will help you adjust all the avatars to the right positions, then you update the notecard. It's really simple and fast.

And free ... did I mention free? And OpenSource. And there's an amazingly helpful nPose group to answer even the dumbest questions politely and quickly. Get nPose on Marketplace or in-world search for nPose.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.