Problem with Daz 4.6 - unusual results

SeveraAdmin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I make a short animation in Daz 4.6.  I go to export it.  

It previews fine

I put it in a poseball.  It plays fine, but at the end the Avi's torso swings wildly in orbit around the hips like a pendulum.  

I initially thought it was an IK problem, but I removed all pins as far as I can tell. 

I'm sure there's some setting or adjustment i'm missing but I can't figure out what it is.

Hi,severa.

Few dateils to give you good help but let's see.

What animation is that? should it loop? should it be short and fast like a weapon animation or a  slap (for istance).

if the animation has to be looped you must tick that in the uploader window.

Daz has a Secondlife compatibility box to check before you export did you tick that box? ( I guess so hence your preview worked fine). if your animation was affecting/deforming too much the avatar around the pivot prolly you would have seen it also in daz or in the preview.

You didn't tell what viewer you're using.

However I had this same iussue that you're describing here, like my avatar rotating around its pelvis with the head getting betweenmy legs. This iussue was seen quite often if I was using older viewer like on phoenix or any other too old code.

It was a random phonomenous but always fixed when I went back to SL last version viewer.

Try maybe your animation with more viewers

I use Betagrid to test animations but also I send my bvh to other 3d programs and I see how they play and if needed I add some fixes.

The worst situation I had to face with daz 4.6 was for some stands that could have digged my feet  under ground but there i s no help for that , just make tests before you upload that 's where betagrid is helpful. But this is something you'd face with any program nothing specific due to daz.

just in case this is the avatar and cr2 I use

http://static-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/downloads/avatar/avatar_mesh.zip

that you can find in this wiki page

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clothing_Tutorials

I did try some test to reproduce what you describe but still nothing. here I attach  my file so you could see.

I tried to make a quick animations that should move my torso like a fast pendulum.This a way to force what I used to see a few months ago in phoenix and other old viewers but the animation worked fine.

I used 64 and 32 bit daz 4.6

I went back in debug mode using a couple older  versions of Sl official viewer

result nothing

here is my file if you want to test it in betagrid

I uploaded it with and with loop to make my torso move  like a pendulum.

No problem in ao , posebal or as trigged animation

pendulum animation

IK adds single controller for each bone

Maybe try to check those pins if you worked in IK mode yo did some bad movements "breaking" sone joints junctions with a not natural movement

The animations aren't looped and the weird Exorcist torso movement comes at the end.

I believe I used the same mesh. I'm using the latest upgrade of Firestorm, could try uploading through the normal viewer.

I'm still inclined to believe it's some problem with IK, but I can't find anyplace where IK isn't turned off..there doesn't seem to be a universal control for IK in Daz 4.6 though I'm new to it and more familiar with Poser.

you can enable or disable IK by clicking the avatar from the menu you find this "enable IK" (clicking on the bounding box or even on a single segment of the avatar body yo can trig that menu).

Be also careful if  you copy paste pose,from edit-> figure  select always "memorize selected item pose" then to paste "restore selected item pose"

I don't belive it's a software iussue, the only iussue that 4.6 is giving is when you install the goddam genesis 2 and if the path is not correct you might get error,but that's fixable too.

Try an FBx export and see if another software does this thing too, just to settle if it's the software or something in the workflow going wild

I wonder what animation from exorcist you're making.

However if you're doing those wild things like when she rotates her hea 360 degrees  be always sure that you have deselected limits on rotation.

When yo click each segment of the avatar body you see two icons: one is for pins menu, the other (the little man)  is a menu where yo find "limits off rotation") if you click that you can rotate your bones "breaking"their natutal movement.

IK is just a way to animate in 3d as in cybernetics giving  each segment a single controller (it sometimes could get sloppy cause for a single movement you'll have to gues all the bones positions by yorself)

FK would help you instead allowing the computer to balance other bones automatically

If you have maya (it has a bvh export plugin) import the fbx in maya then export the bvh from there,or any other software that allows you to import /export fbx then export bvh.

Blender does it too thanks to some plugins.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.