Poser animations to SL

friscolives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just purchased Poser Pro 2014, and following the SL website was able to download the SL avatar mesh to Poser, going so far as to even get it in my library and working! (I'm new to Poser so that's kind of a big achievement :)

I also downloaded another file from the SL wiki, basically a collection of .bvh animations for SL. I wasn't successful in loading those to Poser. I tried the content, download from zip file but I'm not seeing them in the library. I also tried this method initially with the SL figures, but that didn't work either. The SL wiki does explain the route to manually place the SL figures in the proper location (c\user\public\documents\poser pro 14\downloads\libraries\character) (something like that) regardless it doesn't say where to put the .bvh files. I tried in poser, it doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know the proper location to put these? I think they would be helpful for making some animations, but right now can't figure out how to access them.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

friscolives wrote:

Does anyone know the proper location to put these? I think they would be helpful for making some animations, but right now can't figure out how to access them.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

As far as I know, Poser does not hold bvh files in it's library. I think you need to import the bvh files individually, and then save them as cr2 files in the library. This is just off the top of my head. I'm not actually looking at Poser right now. To import, you just click File/Import, and then choose bvh from the import options. You also need to be selected on the SL avatar before importing.

I hope this helps you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.