Poser Pro 2014 - Does not recognize SL avatars

grrrilla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I followed the wiki instructions for putting SL avatars into the Poser Pro library -  I copy/pasted the SL Avatar folder into Pro Poser->runtime->Libraries->Character folder, but when I open Poser and try to add it to the Library it tells me 'that folder doesn't seem to be a runtime folder'.

Someone even gave me a file for 2 avatars for making couples poses on there, and that doesn't even show up in the list when I try to Add to Library, I've tried double clicking it to open it in Poser that way and I just get an empty circle no avatars to pose (the 2 avatars file is a pz3 file?)

Am I missing something??

I followed the wiki instructions for putting SL avatars into the Poser Pro library -  I copy/pasted the SL Avatar folder into Pro Poser->runtime->Libraries->Character folder, but when I open Poser and try to add it to the Library it tells me 'that folder doesn't seem to be a runtime folder'.

Someone even gave me a file for 2 avatars for making couples poses on there, and that doesn't even show up in the list when I try to Add to Library, I've tried double clicking it to open it in Poser that way and I just get an empty circle no avatars to pose (the 2 avatars file is a pz3 file?)

Am I missing something??

grrrilla wrote:

I copy/pasted the SL Avatar folder into
Pro Poser->runtime->Libraries->Character
folder, but when I open Poser and try to add it to the Library it tells me 'that folder doesn't seem to be a runtime folder'.

I guess it works the same as Poser 9. For some reason there are a whole bunch of character locations. If you use windows 7 (or vista or 8), your own files should be in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser 9 Content\Downloads\runtime\libraries\character\SL Avatar.

(the 2 avatars file is a pz3 file?)

There should be two cr2 files, two obj files and two png files. pz3 files can be used, but not for the library.

If it doesn't work, just contact Smith Micro. One of the benefits of paying for your software is having the ability to get some proper support.

• 1 month later...

For some reason Poser sometimes puts files in the wrong places. I had many problems with morphs and other characters I'd loaded into Poser simply not going into the right folder and I could never find them. I would assume you clicked the little "recycle" type thing on your download library to refresh it--sometimes when first loaded they don't show up, but once you refresh (or restart) the program they appear.

Myself I made a seperate runtime entirely for downloaded stuff. It was something that I was advised to do by the members of the Renderosity forums for Poser. It still requires you to double check to make sure the files ended up where they need to be--but supposedly its a better system.

I found a pretty simple set of instructions for loading the SL avatars into Poser. I think it was written for Daz, but it works fine on Poser. I was able to load them to both my Windows 7 desktop and my Windows 8,1 laptop so hopefully it will help you. I will dig up the link and post it here a little later tonight when I get home from work and can find it. Hope it will be helpful.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.