Increase MLPv2 Menu Memory?

YnysMon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm pretty new to using MLPv2, so perhaps there's something I've missed in configuration. I am using MLPv2.3L and have been creating a new object with animations. Everything was going fine until I got the dreaded stack error because I ran out of memory. This was expected, but not quite so soon. I only have about 40 couples animations so far, and I expected to be able to put a lot more.

What I ran out of was menu memory, far earlier than anything else. I still have plenty of memory for animations and positions, but my menu memory ran out quickly. My menu isn't partciluarly complicated, just a main menu with about nine submenus, each having 1-9 couple poses each, with the standard SWAP and BACK buttons. Nothing deep or complex. I don't really understand why I ran out so quickly. I've done everything in the wiki to clean up memory and nothing helped.

Is there a way to increase the amount of menu memory allowed, even if it means taking it from pose or position memory? I'm also open to any tricks or gotchas that aren't mentioned in the wiki. As I said, I'm still pretty new at this, although I do have scripting experience.

Doing a little research, an empty object starts with 46554 for ~pose, 48260 for ~menucfg, and 6293 for ~menu -- so 8x less memory for menus as for poses and animations. Adding individual menu items costs ~40 per button, so I can get ~157 buttons before running out of ~menu memory, and since adding two animations for a couples pose seems to use ~50 from ~pose and ~85 from ~menucfg, this means that ~menu will run out long before anything else.

Does anyone know if there's a way to reconfigure these ratios? If I could just double the ~menu memory available, pulling it from ~pose and/or ~menucfg, I could double my number of allowed poses without coming anywhere near running out of memory for them.

Until then, it looks like I'm scrapping STOP/SWAP etc from each menu -- buttons are a precious resource, it seems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.