Importing XML SL Avatar for Poser?

StarSong Bright

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out how to use the XML of my avatar in poser so that I can create custom animations that are sized correctly.  I have figured out how to export the XML from SL but I don't know what to do with it now to make it usable in Poser.  

Poser also doesnt seem to know what to do with the XML.  I use maya for my modeling and mesh stuff, but it is not able to read the file.  Is there some trick or tutorial someone can point me out for how I can get this XML file into a format that I can use in Poser (or at least get it into Maya so I can export it as something Poser can manage).  Any help would be sincerely appreciated!

Thanks.

Well, you are probably not going to like my answer, and I admittly do not use Maya, so I don't know what is possible. Cathy Foil makes a plugin for Maya that is like Avatar in Blender, and she calls it Mayastar. That might just import xml shapes from SL. The only other option, is Avastar for Blender, with gives you the default SL avatar, with all of the same morphs that we have in SL, and the ability to import xml shapes from SL. It also allows you to easily make Fitted mesh outfits, plus a bunch more. It's a sweet deal, if you ask me. Plus, if you are animating, it has an animation retarget tool to import bvh files and retarget them to the Avastar rig to work on. Any option I could name for Poser, would be a very long process, and in the end you might need Blender's help to do it.

• 3 years later...
On 10/4/2014 at 10:18 PM, Medhue Simoni said:

Well, you are probably not going to like my answer, and I admittly do not use Maya, so I don't know what is possible. Cathy Foil makes a plugin for Maya that is like Avatar in Blender, and she calls it Mayastar. That might just import xml shapes from SL. The only other option, is Avastar for Blender, with gives you the default SL avatar, with all of the same morphs that we have in SL, and the ability to import xml shapes from SL. It also allows you to easily make Fitted mesh outfits, plus a bunch more. It's a sweet deal, if you ask me. Plus, if you are animating, it has an animation retarget tool to import bvh files and retarget them to the Avastar rig to work on. Any option I could name for Poser, would be a very long process, and in the end you might need Blender's help to do it.

Can you export a shape or dae from poser that can be used in Blender?  You cannot export an xml nor accept them in poser.  I really like blender but would love to be able to use some of the shapes I created over the years in blender/avastar.  Then upload to SL as a mesh avatar  or mesh statue 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Dont understand why a very expensive program like Poser Pro cannot work making Bento animations?   Why cant someone make the bento skeleton for Poser or Qavimator?

Ive been making animations for over ten years in SL, and I feel like I was squeezed out from doing this.  Any suggestions are very much appreciated. ty 

melonieromano@gmail.com

• 1 month later...

finally getting to the bento qavimator Molly, thank you so much... but do i need to put a 1 on every single part?   will you be making the female one soon? I sure hope so...

I work in Qavimator and Poser, so really do not want to switch to another program ....after so many years .  I will be waiting for your reply.. tyvm

46 minutes ago, Melonie Romano said:

finally getting to the bento qavimator Molly, thank you so much... but do i need to put a 1 on every single part?   will you be making the female one soon? I sure hope so...

I work in Qavimator and Poser, so really do not want to switch to another program ....after so many years .  I will be waiting for your reply.. tyvm

i am not Fig and I don't know if they will ever come back to Qavimator. Hope so, and if not then maybe someone else will have their turn with it

about the 1

putting a 1 or more in a part is only necessary when we want to prevent another animation from moving that part.  When we leave a part as 0 then another animation can move that part at the same time when our animation is playing. Like a guitar animation which only works on parts of the body. Arm, hand, fingers. So a avatar can play the guitar while also playing a dance, stand or sit animation provided separately. Drinking animation is another example of this. bag holding, pet arms cuddle, etc also

what I have is a default file with all the parts set to 1 on the X, which I use as a template. Enabling 0 only for those parts which I want other animations to move.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.